Cider Mill Coven by Vanessa Abigail Lambert
Publisher Coven of One Publishing
Published August 1, 2022
Format: Hardcover and Paperback
Available On: Cider Mill Coven Website, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon
Back in March, we attended the 2nd annual 90sCon in Hartford, CT. In a Facebook group for the event, I saw a post from another person, named Vanessa, mentioning that she would be in attendance at a booth.
When I was growing up, Vanessa was a rare name in my area. To this day, whenever I come across someone with my name, I sort of geek out and feel a form of kinship. It was a no-brainer that I would stop by her booth during the event. Sadly, I did leave without scooping up a copy of her book, but I was able to order an autographed copy online, a day later.
What I liked...
* The story centers around family members that clearly care deeply for one another, but are also capable of hiding pretty big secrets from each other.
* Grandma Lydia is one tough lady who loves her grandkids and would protect them with every ounce of her being. I could not help but draw parallels to my own Gram!
* The main characters were easy to be drawn to and root for. My personal favorite, aside from Lydia, was Raven- strong-willed & not afraid to ask questions and not just go with the flow. Some of her actions did get on my nerves though.
* The description of events, especially those at Spell Cast, were written in such a way that it feels more like a friend sharing stories from a trip they took- where you almost feel like you went along too.
* This book takes place in the 90s and there are so many references that trigger happy memories from my teen years!
*There is a Spotify Playlist to help "set the scene with a more immersive experience". It is pretty magical.
I really enjoyed this book. I hope you'll take an opportunity to check it out too!
Post a Comment